[cvsnt] Who's Connected to CVS?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Sep 12 14:50:58 BST 2003

Drew F. Sousa wrote:

> Now that we're on CVSNT on Win2k, I just get multiple instances of CVS.exe
> running but I'm not sure who's connected to it.

Not really as straightforward as you are used to, but

	netstat -rn

will display all connections, then you can look for those to port 2041.

I have to say, I am mystified that this would ever be a common piece of
information you would need.  CVS is a connectionless protocol; the only time a
user is "connected" is when they are actually transferring files to or from the
server.  There is no way to know who is "logged in" to a repository.  I can only
imagine you are trying to find out who is hanging the repository...

John