[cvsnt] Problems migrating from 1.13.x to 2.0.x

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Sep 16 20:02:45 BST 2003

At 05:44 AM 9/16/2003, Christian Ottosen wrote:
>Is there any special issues to consider when migrating from 1.13.x to 2.0.x.
>
>Bo Berglund has writen in the "CVSNT Installation Tips" that migrating
>requeres more than just copying the content of the repository.
>Is this really true, or is this information outdated???

That info looks like it's particular to WebSphere / Eclipse users, not in
general AFAICT.

There was a change of installer technology--assuming you're running on
Windows, and the previous version was installed with the EXE installer, you
should uninstall first then install the new version.  Tony changed from
InstallShield to InnoSetup in the early 2.0.x timeframe, IIRC.

Make sure as good practice that you backup your repositories before
upgrading, but I'm not aware of any problems with that.

Regards,

Glen Starrett