[cvsnt] viewcvs

Andrew Mowat andrewmowat at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 11:07:56 BST 2003

Hi,

I am hoping someone here will be able to help me with this viewcvs
problem, as it's been driving me crazy for a couple of days now!!

I am running Windows XP Pro and have tried installing viewcvs through
the windows installer and by manual install.
I have followed the windows install instructions at www.devguy.com and
still I have had no success.
The only point in the instructions I am unsure of is:

If you wish to allow anonymous access,
o Give the users IUSR_ and IWAM_ "execute" permissions to cvs.exe and
"read" permissions to the folders that it's contained in
o Give the users IUSR_ and IWAM_ "execute" permissions to the files you
extracted in the previous step (e.g., rcs.exe) and "read" permissions to
the folders they are contained in
o Give the users IUSR_ and IWAM_ "full control" permissions to
c:\winnt\temp
o Give the users IUSR_ and IWAM_ "read" and "list contents" for all
files and folders in the CVS repository

How is this achieved in XP?  On IIS I have allowed anonymous access to
the virtual folder where the cgi scripts reside? Is this the same as the
above instruction?

I can actually see the CVS repository using viewcvs. However, as soon as
I add files into any of the folders in gives the following errors:

	An Exception Has Occurred
Python Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\viewcvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 3133, in main
    request.run_viewcvs()
  File "C:\viewcvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 324, in run_viewcvs
    self.view_func(self)
  File "C:\viewcvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 1295, in view_directory
    view_directory_cvs(request, data, sortby, sortdir)
  File "C:\viewcvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 1341, in view_directory_cvs
    rcs_files, view_tag)
  File "C:\viewcvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py", line 385, in get_logs
    raise 'error during rlog: '+hex(status)
error during rlog: 0x1

I think I have carried out the fix to allow for spaces in the filenames,
as detailed in the windows install instructions.
The file I added to the repository had no spaces in the filename - what
does this error mean?

I hope someone has the answers to my questions! Any help/suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Andy.

See www.andrewmowat.com to see the repository.