[cvsnt] Hardware Specs for CVS Server

Drew F. Sousa DrewS at EDIFECS.COM
Sat Sep 20 01:45:27 BST 2003

What would you guys recommend for the best hardware configuration for a
CVSNT box?  Our repository is 15 gigs (growing about 5 gigs per year) and we
have 60 developers and 8 build boxes hitting it.

This will be a dedicated server.  I'm thinking of two arrays: one for the OS
and temp files and the other for the repository.  Will we notice a big
performance increase going with 15k drives vs. 10k?

I know there are a lot of variables but if you guys have opinions or it is
in the Wiki somewhere, I'd appreciate the help.  Like to get this right on
the 1st attempt!  =)

Drew Sousa