[cvsnt] Re: Quicker CVS head revision checkout

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 00:32:57 BST 2003

I remember from a previous email, you indicated that people were accessing
these multiple-megabyte game files all at once for test--wouldn't it make
more sense to post the package to a webserver instead of having to rework
CVS into a file distribution system?  No offense here--I like the idea--but
I don't think CVS was meant for file distribution.

You could set up a POSTCOMMIT script that would do an export to a web
directory then .zip that up, and it would be faster download for the users too.

Just a thought.

Or did I get this wrong--are all those users downloading the pack so they
can provide patches / updates / commits to the repository?

Regards,

Glen Starrett