[cvsnt] AtomicCommits

rog amos strategia_cvsnt_rog at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 23 18:48:32 BST 2003

I am thinking of setting atomic commits to YES in the CVSROOT/config file to ensure that a commit does not leave the repository in an indeterminate state.

i am running CVSNT 2.0.9 on Windows 2000 server (NTFS file system)and WinCVS 1.3.13 as the client running on XP machines

I was just wondering if anyone had had porblems with AtomicCommits set to on...

Also, I read that with AtomicCommits=Yes, the files to commit are saved to a temp file and then committed at the last minute... does this cause any serious performance/memory usage issues?
Finally, i was wondering if anyone knew what the implications were on other users working with sandboxes and the repository while the commit takes place...

thanks in advance,
roger