[cvsnt] unable to use sspi

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Sep 25 08:38:22 BST 2003

Arthur wrote:

> I found the trick : you have to declare in the CVS control panel the
> repository that you would open.
> What is surprising is that this declaration is not needed for the
> local protocol.

That's because in local mode you're not using the server part of CVSNT
at all (try it: stop and uninstall the CVS service - :local: will still
work). In :local: mode the client binary temporarily takes over the
part of server. That's one of the prime reasons why it's so bad when
people use :local: to access a remote repository concurrently.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org