[cvsnt] newbie question......

Pitre, Russell RPITRE at shawmut.com
Thu Sep 25 18:46:19 BST 2003

Hello all

Newbie to cvsnt....lovin it so far.......btw..I'm using TurtoiseCVS as a
client...

I searched for the answer but to no availability so here it
goes......Let me start by narrating a scenario....

1.	I check out the project that my developer friend and I are
working on.
2.	My developer friend also checks out the same project.  So at
this point we have the same version.
3.	We both decide to work on the homepage "welcome.html" and make a
few edits.
4.	He saves his edits and then updates the repository with his
changes.
5.	When I go to update my edits a conflict arrises.  Which is
expected, and I understand why.

My question is, how does a project team go about working on the same
file in a project without running into conflicts?  Is it a simple matter
of verbal communication?  Hey friend, I'm working on welcome.html I'll
let you know when I'm done so you can work on it?

Does this question make sense?

Thanx in advance

Russ