[cvsnt] Re: Two CVSNT servers on same machine

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Apr 1 23:48:54 BST 2004

> Yes, I'm talking about instances. One instance of version 1.11.1.3 and
other
> instance of version 2.0.34. Both running at the same time in the same
> machine, but responding on different ports.

...and accessing two different repositories (don't even think about
accessing the same repository with the two servers!)? IOW, you would
physically move the repository around bit by bit one module a day or so?
Definitely seems like an unnecessary effort that is totally out of
proportion if you ask me. Actually AFAICT this *very* probably has a
significantly higher potential for accidentally messing something up than
simply replacing the server binaries ever could...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org