[cvsnt] Re: Two CVSNT servers on same machine

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Apr 1 22:18:16 BST 2004

> I admit that by now I'd really like to see a
> little clarification as well...

I will put some clarifying text into the upgrading page of the wiki but
it does fall along the lines of making a backup.

There is a very good chance that in a 1.11.X version to a 2.0.X version
the CVSROOT will change because of a protocol, say :ntserver: to :sspi:,
or the new repository prefix mappings.  You can avoid both of these
impacts to outstanding client sandboxes but both are good changes to
make and the easiest way to do it is commit everything everywhere,
update the server and then checkout and get back to work.

IMHO anyway.  Macros and scripts down each client sandbox to fix up
cvs\root files are another way that may work better for your
environment.

Point release upgrades should be painless and mostly unnoticed as Bo
just pointed out.

So yeah, I'll try to clarify the upgrade page.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634