[cvsnt] Resent: Bug in "update.c" regarding file attributes on checkout/update

Sturm, Michael Michael.Sturm at kratzer-automation.com
Fri Apr 2 14:21:09 BST 2004

Sorry to submit this that way, but registering an account in the bug database failed.

=======================================

Hi,

I think there is a bug in "update.c" that prevents file "read only" from propper working.
By now I can remove all access rights except "r" with "chacl" and all files still come
writeable to the local hard disk when checking out or updateing. A trace with "cvs -t -t -t update"
gave me the hint, that the find_perm function gets called with the tag "1.1...." instead of the
real branch or NULL. So the fallback access rights "rwc" are returned -> You allways get writeable
files. As far as I understood the attached patch (simply exchanges vers_ts->vn_tag with vers_ts->tag)
should fix this.

If I am right, could you please add the patch as we rely on correct access right handling
on branch basis.

Thanks
Michael

*** update.c    Tue Mar 30 17:12:56 2004
--- update.c.ori        Sun Mar  7 22:20:03 2004
***************
*** 1441,1447 ****
                && cvswrite
                && !file_is_dead
                && !fileattr_get (xfile, "_watched")
!               && verify_write (finfo->repository,vers_ts->tag))
                {
                        if (revbuf == NULL)
                                xchmod (xfile, 1);
--- 1441,1447 ----
                && cvswrite
                && !file_is_dead
                && !fileattr_get (xfile, "_watched")
!               && verify_write (finfo->repository,vers_ts->vn_tag))
                {
                        if (revbuf == NULL)
                                xchmod (xfile, 1);