[cvsnt] Re: logging nt working

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Apr 7 16:58:32 BST 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:36:36 -0600, "Steve Swanson"
<steve.swanson at mackichan.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>    I've gotten CVSNT working on my WinXP machine.  Import, commit, update,
>etc. all seem to work fine.
>
>    However, I can't seem to get any logging to work.  Shouldn't I just
>remove the comment in CVSROOT/loginfo, commit, and then start to see things
>in CVSROOT/commitlog?  I even created a commitlog with full permissions, but
>still no joy.
>    No error messages, nothing.  Any ideas?  Is there some magic flag
>somewhere I need to turn on?
>
>    I can get at the commit info by working backwards from the history file,
>but that seems the wrong way around.

The loginfo is a script file.
Each line in the file contains an instruction to be carried out if the
regular expression at the start of the line triggers.
Whatever happens is entirely up to what you put in the line after the
regular expression, so if you put a "ALL dir > c:\dir.txt" into the
loginfo line that is what's gonna happen.
(For each commit a dir command is executed and the result is put into
the file c:\dir.txt, obviously not very useful but I guess you get the
idea.)

In short, whatever happens is due to what you put in there, you have
to decide and there is no automatic process involved.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)