[cvsnt] Re: Mirror a CVSNT site

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Apr 8 22:16:05 BST 2004

Werner, Harveyx D wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Yes, I can see how what you say is correct.
>
> I should have explained more about our "latency problem." We have a
> large repository on the order of 15k to 20k files. The problem is in the
> update process. It takes over 30 minutes sometimes and that is not
> acceptable to our developers in China.
>
> It looks like the real solution is to get faster routers in place, so I
> will push for that.

There are other code management systems available that support
distributed repositories.  I haven't tried any so I can't recommend any
one above others, here are some notes / comparisons on what's available:

http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/scm.html
http://zooko.com/revision_control_quick_ref.html
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/SubVersionAndCvsComparison

Regards,