[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Apr 9 22:12:29 BST 2004

cvsnt 2.0.37

Mainly a bugfix release.  After my email was down for a week I might have
missed some bugs, so if yours hasn't been done then post again as it's likely
it was overlooked.

2.0.38 will be a stable release (as I found a bug with the compressed deltas
that means it's best that 2.0.36 is superceded pretty quickly).  Give this one
a test - particularly any changes - and I'll get it stable by then (honest).
I'm aiming to get that one out just after easter.

Changes:

* Read environment if user is 'SYSTEM' to try to determine real user.
* Renormalise the path sent to lockserver during 'edit' as that's a special case.
* Consolidation of the unicode routines (don't think I broke anything...
passes my tests but it's worth trying it out to make sure).. leading to...
* Extended -k options to specify encoding.  This is a keyword based system (as
I was running out of letters of the alphabet and couldn't remember them all
anyway).
	Generic form: -k{encoding} followed by the usual flags (k,v,l, etc.).
	Current supported encodings are:
		ucs2le,ucs2le_bom (alias for 'u'),ucs2be,ucs2be_bom

	eg.
		cvs update -k{ucs2be_bom} foo.txt

If I get time I'll implement ucs4.  shift-JIS is planned but I don't currently
have enough info about that to give an implementation date.