[cvsnt] Re: How to get exsiting CVSNT repo up to date??

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Apr 13 00:38:14 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:

> This is the single line I put in postcommit:
>
> agiusa D:\Websites\mycompany\updatewebsite.bat

Probably forward slashes would be better... backslashes tend to be treated
as escapes (not 100% sure whether they are in the postcommit).

> It refers to a batch file that has two lines in it:
>
> cd d:\Websites\mycompany\www
> cvs -d :sspi:cvsupdater:cvsupd at cvsserver:/PC update
>
> Note that it seems like the command in the batch file is executed in
> the wrong folder (the cvsnt temp folder), why is that so when I
> explicitly added a cd as above?

If you're not on d: already then the cd won't do anything - try putting a 'd:'
in a line above it.

> I thought that postcommit would be executed *after* the commit had
> been fully done and would not return any error codes to cvs to stop
> the commit. But I get the error code 1 as shown above.

The commit still happens (too late to stop it) but CVS tells you about the
error so you can fix it.