[cvsnt] Tag vs. Rtag

Gabriel Michaud gmiNOchaSPAMud at dynacom.ca
Wed Apr 14 22:23:11 BST 2004

Hello,

I'm a new CVSNT user. I installed version 2.0.38 on a Windows 2003 computer.
I'm accessing it via sspi.

I'm trying to experiment with the tag command. Using cvs.exe tag -c test_tag
my tag is applied successfully, however if I try to update my sandbox I get
the following error: cvs [server aborted]: no such tag test_tag.

If, instead, I tag my files using rtag, i'm able to update my sandbox
successfully. The val-tags and the history files only seem to be updated
when I tag my files using rtag.

Updating individual files always work, no matter which method I use to tag
the files. The problem only seem to occur if I try to update my whole local
directory.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is this a bug or a configuration issue?