[cvsnt] Re: cannot install cvsnt

Jim Gunkel jimg at nevrona.com
Sat Apr 17 07:08:36 BST 2004

I've run into the same problem.  We've been running CVS on a Linux box for
several years now but for several reasons I want to now transfer that to a
Windows 2003 server that we have running (Apache is the web server, not IIS,
go figure <g>).  When I tried to run the install, it hangs at the same exact
point that you described below (when the progress bar should be coming up).
I am logged in under the Administrator account and I'm running the install
using VNC (is that a common element?).  I went back through the archives of
this list and found several other people that reported the install hanging
up at the same exact point.  I've tried unchecking the service install
options and also downloaded the stable builds going back to 2.0.14 but they
all hang at the same point.  No files are ever installed.

What is the install doing at the very beginning when it displays the
progress bar that may be hanging the program?

Failing finding any solution to the automated install, is there some
documentation on what the install does (i.e. which executables to register
and which files to copy where) so that I can manually install the files from
the precompile binaries zip?

Also, if anyone has any pointers on converting the repository files from a
Linux based repository to CVSNT, you could save me a lot of time.

I'm looking forward to using some of the new features that CVSNT offers,
thanks for any assistance,

Jim

news:mailman.4.1081415458.3994.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...