[cvsnt] Latest updates

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 23:36:23 BST 2004

Carl Zmola wrote:
> Like most CVS users, we don't do anything fancy. All we really want is
> a stable version.  I don't want or need a new version every month.
> Is there an older version of CVS NT that is more stable?

Some time back Tony had set up 2.1.x as the latest dev branch and the
2.0.x as stable, but there are new features popping up in 2.0 more often
than 2.1 at this point AFAICT.

Tony--I have to agree here, it would be nice to get a version that is
branched for stability updates only.  Maybe you should consider
adjusting your current branching strategy?  The changes you have
proposed for what is now 2.1 seem like they could easily be set off as a
3.0 branch, and these things like renaming could go onto 2.1 until they
are working 100%.

Of course, had you followed that previously, I think we'd be at about
2.30.x for stable branch now... :)  I wouldn't want to slow down your
efforts on the features you're adding but I see his point.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett