[cvsnt] Re: Mirroring CVS Servers

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 23:39:17 BST 2004

Bruce Vander Werf wrote:

> Our division is embarking on a joint development project with two
> other divisions, one located in another state in the US and the other
> in Europe, and we have chosen CVS(NT) to manage our source code.
>
> The network connections between divisions are somewhat unreliable, so
> we have been asked about the possibility of mirroring the CVS server
> at all three locations. Is this possible? Has anyone tried anything
> like this?
>
> --Bruce

Read-only mirrors, or RW?  Read-only mirrors have been done and can be
set up with a file update service app (there are a few, no links handy).
  RW is not an easy thing to do, nor is recommended with CVSNT.

Arch supposedly supports distributes repositories, but I'm not certain
if / how it handles remote replicas with connectivity problems.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett