[cvsnt] loginfo not passing log message to my script

Varun Bansal varun at in-reality.com
Thu Apr 22 09:41:25 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm using cvsnt 2.0.34 version. I'm trying to integrate cvsnt and bugzilla
on a local windows machine without using bugzilla's email gateway. I'm using
verifymsg to enforce the developers to provide log message in a prescribed
format. After the log message verification, I'm using loginfo to pass the
log message provided by the developer to the STDIN of my script so that I
can append it to Bugzilla bug. But the problem is that loginfo is not
passing log message to the STDIN of my script.

My loginfo file has this entry which calls my script bz_append_log.pl

DEFAULT  C:\cvsrepo\test\CVSROOT\bz_append_log.pl  $USER  %{sVv}

A part of my script that reads the STDIN looks like:

sub main() {

 my @cvslog = <STDIN>;                       //just to check if STDIN has
something
 my $tmppath = "C:\\tempfile";
 open TEMP, ">$tmppath";
 print TEMP @cvslog;                            //dump all STDIN in tempfile
 close TEMP;
 my $username = shift @ARGV;

But after any commit with a log message, I check the "tempfile" and always
find it empty. The loginfo is not passing any log information to tempfile. I
understand that to extract the log message from STDIN, I need to search for
"Log Message:" keyword and the following data will be the log message I
need.

Anyone having any idea why loginfo is not passing log message to my script ?

Thanks,
Varun