[cvsnt] loginfo not passing log message to my script

Varun Bansal varun at in-reality.com
Thu Apr 22 11:28:55 BST 2004

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, my perl setup is all right. What I'm doing right now as a work around
is that during verifying the log message format (I verify it using my
verify_commitinfo.pl perl script), I save the log message in a temporary
file and access this file in another script bz_append_log.pl which is called
by loginfo, to read the saved log message from temporary file. This way is
working all right and I can append the log message to the Bug report
specified by the developer. But using this approach, it crashes the CVSNT
sometimes, giving me the error "Something bad happened to CVS, Would you
like to dump the crash" and when I press "Yes" it says "Failed to save the
dump data". The crash is so unexpected that I could never figure out what
can be the problem. But surely the crash was caused because of these scripts
because when I disable these scripts, there are no crashes.

Thanks,
Varun