[cvsnt] Re: Retaining Executable permission when checked out with Linux client.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Apr 23 20:43:40 BST 2004

Jake Hughes wrote:

> When my Engineers on Linux clients checkout code from CVSNT, the scripts,
> etc., are NOT executable, and therefore must be reset.  Is there any way to
> pass executable permissions for Linux clients?  Or am I just missing the
> obvious?

CVSNT will store the execute bit from a Linux commit, but the moment it gets
modified by a Windows machine it'll lose it again, as Windows has no such
thing as execute permissions.  If you limit those files to Linux only you can
get away with it (eg. the configure script in the cvsnt source tree stays
executable because I never open it in Windows).