[cvsnt] Re: Linux & sserver?

Rolf Wilms rolf_wilms at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:43:07 BST 2004

"Michael Hauck" <mailings at mystuff.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.70.1082963111.235.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hmm, doesn't work for me.

If you're talking about Eclipse using sserver to connect to a CVSNT set to
"Require Encryption", then it may be related to the following problem:

CVSNT expects the client to send "Protocol-encrypt" as a response when there
is "Require Encryption". Eclipse does not know about this response. I see
two options to resolve this problem:

a) Eclipse is extended at the command level to support "Protocol-encrypt".

b) CVSNT removes this requirement since with sserver the encryption is done
at the connection level and "Protocol-encrypt" is a noop anyway.