[cvsnt] CVSwebNT 1.93.2.3 now available

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Apr 27 02:28:37 BST 2004

Hi all,

Back in the dark ages, some people used a perl script for viewing the
CVS repository on Unix servers called CVSWEB.  I ported this to Windows
NT back in the early days of CVSNT and named it CVSWEBNT.

I've just uploaded a minor fix that allows the "download" function to
work properly with the newer CVS 11.1 based CVSNT (eg: 2.0.36).

http://support.march-hare.com/cvswebnt/cvsweb.cgi/

For the brave or foolhardy there is also a port of CVSWEB 1.112
available here:
http://support.march-hare.com/cvswebnt/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/

Neither Bill Fenner or Henner Zeller are maintaining the Unix versions
anymore, and the FreeBSD cvsweb is based on some version of CVSWEB
before 1.93 and has departed from it significantly.  To apply all their
changes would require that I undo all of the Windows fixes in the last
19 versions.  I intend to ensure that CVSWEBNT keeps running with IIS,
Activestate Perl and CVSNT.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett