[cvsnt] Re: Linux & sserver?

Rolf Wilms rolf_wilms at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:17:06 BST 2004

Thanks a lot for your comments. After thinking about this a bit more, I came
to the conclusion that the change to make "require encryption" work with
Eclipse should be made in Eclipse. While I still believe that it would also
be possible to make that change in CVSNT, this would only work with sserver.
In the case of gssapi or sspi it wouldn't, because here wrap/unwrap are not
noops. I think Eclipse needs to allow connection methods to provide their
own response handlers to make this all work.

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c6k9l6$88o$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Rolf Wilms wrote:
> > If you're talking about Eclipse using sserver to connect to a CVSNT set
> > "Require Encryption", then it may be related to the following problem:
> >
> > CVSNT expects the client to send "Protocol-encrypt" as a response when
> > there is "Require Encryption". Eclipse does not know about this
response.
> > I see two options to resolve this problem:
> >
> > a) Eclipse is extended at the command level to support
"Protocol-encrypt".