[cvsnt] Reverting by date (need quick help please)

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Fri Apr 30 12:10:39 BST 2004

My collegue committed changes to some files by mistake yesterday. The
mistakes are on the main trunk.

I am trying to revert back to the version before the commit, the probelm is
that there is no tag. I am trying to use dates.

I have tried these commands on an up-to-date sandbox:
cvs update -jHEAD:yesterday
cvs update -jHEAD -jHEAD:yesterday
cvs update -jHEAD:now -jHEAD:yesterday

I have also used "2004-04-30" instead of now and "2004-04-29"/"2004-04-28"
instead of yesterday.

None of them seems to accomplish the task I want. I am using WinCVS GUI and
tried the options in it as well (Merge options) and naturally go the same
results.

Please help me as we are using CVS to be able to recover from such mistakes.

cvs version
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)

Thanks.
--
Kevin Agius