[cvsnt] Mergepoint selection problem

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Fri Apr 30 16:33:46 BST 2004

Hi,

I have a mergepoint selection problem which can be repeated with the
following sequence:

cvs add file.c [creates 1.1]
cvs tag -b B1 file.c
 [modify file.c]
cvs commit -m "Modify 1" [creates 1.2]
cvs tag -b B2 file.c
cvs update -r B1 file.c
cvs update -jHEAD file.c [Merges in diff between 1.1 and 1.2]
cvs commit -m "Merge HEAD->B1" file.c [creates 1.1.2.1]
 [modify file.c]
cvs commit -m "Modify 2" [creates 1.1.2.2]
cvs update -r B2 file.c

cvs update -jB1 file.c

I thought this last update/merge should merge in diffs between 1.1.2.1 and
1.1.2.2, but instead it tries to merge in diffs between 1.1 and 1.1.2.2. It
seems to have missed the mergepoint in 1.1.2.1.

I've had a look at the source to see if I can work out what's going on, but
unfortunately I'm unable to build the source code (I only have MSVC6) and so
can only raise the problem rather than help with a solution. (Is MSVC.NET
the *only* way to build cvs-nt?)

I'm using 2.0.41

Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.