[cvsnt] Re: Does CVSNT has log file?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Aug 1 18:46:41 BST 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> As for the default setting, I agree that makes sense.  Post it in the
> bug database as a feature request so it gets logged for consideration.

I'm against making a crash behave silently because when they do happen
(and they should be rare on any modern stable release - most people will
never see them) they're completely fatal.  If you just log the crash
then the admin may never see the problem - who ever looks at logs?

I only get 3 or 4 crashdumps a month (and they're usually for ancient
versions that aren't worth investigating) so must be doing *something*
right :)