[cvsnt] Big changes at cvsnt.org

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Aug 2 18:02:13 BST 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:50:51 +0200, "David Somers"
<dsomers at trevezel.com> wrote:

>> For many of you, there won't be any immediate change.
>
>You mean apart from www.cvsnt.org/ doing a redirect to www.cvsnt.com/ ;-) I
>miss jumping directly into the wiki.

You can still bookmark the wiki directly...  the current setup is
designed to give maximum visibility to the new website - the .org and
.com may split in the future if that's seems to be the best way to do
it.

>> In the future we will be officially supporting many more platforms,
>> and implementing entrerprise level features in CVSNT.
>
>Can you explain further what those enterprise level features will be?

It's not 100% worked out yet but on the list so far:

1. Support for the MS Clustering API so a single cvs repository can be
served by multiple redundant servers.
2. Centralised configuration of the repositories and users within an
active directory.  Also multi-level permissions (site admins,
repository admins, even down to module and directory admins).

Of more general use are things like edit/commit by bug - you can treat
a bug as a single unit and edit 'in situ' then just commit the files
related to that bug.

Also lowlevel enforced reserved checkouts, and some other things that
follow on from that mechanism (which I'm keeping a bit quiet for now).

The list is very fluid... there are some other ideas kicking around
and I'm sure Arthur has some that I haven't even thought of yet :)