[cvsnt] cvsnt cvs information

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Aug 3 20:39:52 BST 2004

Tony--I can't update sources from cvsnt today.  When I try to update my
existing sandbox with sserver, it fails.  Is there something wrong?

...\cvsnt.org\cvsnt>cvs -q up -dP
cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.cvsnt.org
rejected access to /usr/local/cvs f
or user cvs

...\cvsnt.org\cvsnt>cat cvs\root
:sserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs

 From Tortoise (1.8.0-RC2 using cvsnt 2.0.48), trying to update gets a
certificate error:

In ...\cvsnt.org\cvsnt: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q"
"-z3" "update" "-d" "-P" "."
CVSROOT=:sserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs

cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [update aborted]: Server certificate verification failed: unable to
get local issuer certificate

Error, CVS operation failed

Error, one of the CVS operations failed

Pserver also failes with the rejected message.

--
Glen Starrett