[cvsnt] Re: Error with 2.0.51a ends with "results may not be correct"

Fish fish at fish-mail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:44:27 BST 2004

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 12:04 pm, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Fish wrote:
> > There are no deny ACL settings, it's just full control for that group,
> > the local administrators group, and the local SYSTEM account from the
> > root of the repository on down.  Auditing is also not enabled, so no
> > additional info there.
>
> Perhaps a deny propogating from above the repository?  If you enable
> auditing should tell you why it's denying the operation and allow you to
> track it down.
>
> Tony

There's nothing inheriting.

I turned on all the system-level auditing and all filesystem auditing for the
group in question and the local SYSTEM account at the root of the repository
on down.  I see the following..

A CVS process being created.
LSA granting the impersonation for the domain-level user who is trying to
access a directory listing.
A network logon for that user.
Read access by localsystem for /CVSROOT/config
Execute/traverse by the user for /
Read by the user for /CVSROOT/cvswrappers
Read by the user for /CVSROOT/cvsrc
Network logoff for user

The files listed above - config, cvswrappers, and cvsrc are either all blank
or all commented out.  There are no failure audits to be spoken of.

After turning on filesystem auditing for the temp folder being used, the only
additional entries are many reads, traverses, and write attributes for the
temp folder itself or the subfolder created therein for that user's request.

I see absolutely nothing abnormal or failing in the event logs.  Am I missing
something?

Fish