[cvsnt] Un*x Parameter Files

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Aug 6 00:25:49 BST 2004

I'm running XP Server 2003 and a recent CVSNT installation (last month or
so).

Emacs and other un*x style utilities like to store their parameter/startup
files in the top level directory (eg: c:/.emacs or c:/.bashrc for the
cygwin).

I'm storing a lot of project specific code in my c:/.emacs and I would like
to put it under version control. Does it have to be in its own repository
since it is in a different directory than my project? I would like to
archive it in the same directory as my project.

If that is not possible, is creating a sandbox called c:\ a good idea? It
seems to me like it would not be.
  Thanks,
       Siegfried