[cvsnt] Re: Limiting access to CVSROOT and some CVS commands. ..

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Fri Aug 6 17:18:15 BST 2004

 I've been talking to my IT person and doing some more tests. It looks like
CVSNT server is only checking the local SAM and not the one on the domain.
The machine is a stand alone server, but it's part of a domain. All of our
user accounts are on domain and not local account. When we added a local
user an that server, then the chown command works for only the user that was
created on the local server. We want to pull the info off of the domain. How
do we do this? Also, still not clear what the role of the owner field is?
Why do I need to set that if chacl can add users?

Thanks,
Curt