[cvsnt] Re: strange problem involving authentication, no such repository etc.

Subhadip Sarkar subhadip at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:06:50 BST 2004

>Since the netstat output shows that something is listening on port 2401
>there must be something stopping it - probably a firewall of some sort.
>
>Tony

Tnx for replying tony, however there is no firewall on the machine, i
uninstalled mcafee suite when I got the couldn't agree on protocol
error. The tcpview output shows that its cvsnt which is listening on
2401.

cvslock.exe:1232	TCP	cygnus:2402	cygnus:0	LISTENING
cvsservice.exe:624	TCP	cygnus:2401	cygnus:0	LISTENING

for a global corporate firewall, there might be one but its not even
working on the same machine as the server. Finally, this works on the
local machine, without specifying any protocol.
>cvs -d g:/cvs/cvsrepo/ ls
>Listing modules on server

>CVSROOT
>test