[cvsnt] Re: $CVSROOT and run_popen()?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Aug 7 21:43:49 BST 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:54:04 -0500, "Jon Norman"
<jonathannorman at earthlink.net> wrote:

>What does CVSROOT setting have to do with run_popen() command when scripts are executed?
>
>I've setup CVSMailer to send commit notifications within loginfo. The CVSMailer executes correctly when I perform commits from the server with CVSROOT=c:\cvsrepo. However, when CVSROOT=:sspi:jnorman at ltn-05-252:/cvsrepo, the run_popen() command causes "The current directory is invalid." to be displayed on the server and clients.
>
>I have cvsnt 2.0.49 installed on an XP Professional machine with c:\cvsrepo as the main repository. I've installed WinCVS 1.3.17.2 Beta 17 (Build 2) on the client machines. The clients have no problem connecting, checking in, checking out, etc... The only problems occur when scripts execute.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CVSMailer reads the RepositoryPrefix from the registry to determine
where to find the CVSROOT folder with the users file. But from 2.0.44
this registry tag is not any longer available and so CVSMailer fails
in finding out the correct folder location.

You could try this fix until I have released a new version that
correctly handles the issue:
Add the prefix path to the CVSMailer.ini file:
Note that the prefix must point to a folder that *contains* the
repository top folder.
Example:
Repository test is located in F:\CVSREPO\Test
The admin files are in F:\CVSREPO\Test\CVSROOT
Then enter this:
[setup]
CVSNTPrefix=F:\CVSREPO

Hope this helps.