[cvsnt] Re: Limiting access to CVSROOT and some CVS commands. ..

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Aug 9 22:17:41 BST 2004

Lehman, Curtis wrote:
> I checked with IT and they said that they double checked and that the server
> is configured as domain and not workgroup. Any other suggestions to try? How
> does CVS determine if the server is stand alone?

By asking the system what it thinks it is....  Did you do as I described
in my previous email?

TBH it really looks as if the server is standalone.  Unless the server
is reconfigured to be part of a domain then there's no way of doing
domain authentication with it (SSPI is different as it has numerous ways
of doing cross-domain authentication on standalone machines... CVSNT
doesn't have that kind of lowlevel access so can't operate in that manner).