[cvsnt] Re: Commitinfo trigger script data?

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Wed Aug 11 09:33:46 BST 2004

> From: Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh at nodomain.org]

> The script starts in the server temporary directory, which has CVS
> control directories for each committed directory.

Which reminds me of something I meant to ask a while back. I'd mentioned
that my cvstemp directory wasn't being cleared and you said that the only
thing that you knew might cause  that was an old version of CVS Mailer. I
don't use CVS Mailer, but I have written my own loginfo script to do
logging, mailing etc. I have split it into two different scripts, one which
runs quickly, spawns the second and exits, allowing the commit to complete
before the second script has completed. I assume that it is this that is
causing the problem, but I couldn't understand how. From the above, I assume
that the loginfo script is being called in the cvstemp directory, and so the
second script will be too, so when the first one exits CVS will try to
remove the directory but can't as the second script still has it 'open',
even though I never opened it explicitly? So if I make sure the second
script is running in a different directory then this should solve the
problem?

Regards,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Please note that my email domain has changed from @anitetelecoms.com to
@anite.com
Registered in England No. 1721900 Registered Office: 353 Buckingham Avenue,
Slough, Berkshire SL1 4PF, United Kingdom

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.