[cvsnt] How do you debug a system crash?

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Wed Aug 11 16:09:10 BST 2004

All,

When we upgraded from CVSNT 2.0.41 to 2.0.51 we also moved to a new server.
The server is a dual zeon processor with a gig of ram and  80 gigs of raid 0
hard drives. The server has crashed now two days in a row. CVSNT is the only
program running on it. The box is so badly crashed, I have to force a power
cycle to reset it. I can't get a terminal window or use cntrl+alt+delete to
reset. The windows event log shows nothing.

My questions are:
Is this an acceptable server?
How can I increase visibility into what CVS is doing right before the crash?

How do I turn on some kind of logging?
If CVSNT created a dump file, where would it be?

Thanks,
Curtis