[cvsnt] Re: Any possibility to control branch acl on a per-file level using a "cvs chacl" -like command?

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Thu Aug 12 09:17:01 BST 2004

You're right Glen, the commitinfo hook could be used for this.  The
script is invoked with the first parameter containing
"/repository/module[/subdirectory/...]", and a list of files being
committed within that directory is supplied on stdin.

Kim, you need to write a commitinfo script as discussed in the cvsnt
documentation that checks whether the CVS_USER environment variable
matches one of your two authorised users, and if not, checks whether the
restricted files are present in the supplied data.  If they are, then
your script should return a non-zero value to prevent the commit from
proceding, and return 0 otherwise.

--
http://www.yellowradio.com/

If technology doesn't seem like magic,