[cvsnt] rtag still broken in 51c

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Fri Aug 13 21:20:06 BST 2004

Upgraded NT4.0 clients and NT4.0 server to CVSNT 2.0.51c

rtag fails:

cvs -ttt rtag -R CVS_Test MD90
  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 226
  -> Session ID is e2411d1f27568a
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:watlo25hqj50115:/floe
  -> Requesting server cvsignore
  -> wrap_add(*.gif -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdf -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.bmp -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpeg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.png -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.exe -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.dll -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.so -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.a -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdb -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.lib -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.o -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.res -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.class -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.ogg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.mp3 -kb, 0, 0)
  -> Requesting server cvswrappers
  -> Requesting server cvsrc (read-cvsrc2)
  -> Parsing global cvsrc started
  -> Parsing global cvsrc finished
cvs [rtag aborted]: Error communicating with lock server (send)

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

The module above uses both ampersand modules and alias modules.
Here is the pertinent modules definition.
m90run m90run
m90runu -a util/awout.for   util/dates.for  util/delldg.for  util/filgen.for \
           util/formlp.for  util/formtp.for util/lclwout.for util/mkpdfbp.for \
           util/mkpdfhf.for util/pginfo.for util/qtwout.for  util/ralwout.for \
           util/rdcty3.for  util/tarray.for util/trace.for   util/vspout.for \
           util/wrtspip.for util/wrtspl.for util/chardat.inc util/compopt.inc \
           util/intedat.inc util/pdfcom.inc util/realdat.inc util/interpd.lib \
           util/getver.for
md90 &m90runu &m90run

Is there any hope that rtag will be fixed or do I need to go back to earlier CVSNT releases?

Basically, my only need for a modules file is to be able to specify which individual files in my util module are used by which programs.  When I release a new program version I tag those files used to build it.  There are many source code files in my util module and trying to select the correct ones manually in the sandbox in order to tag is not really very efficient.  The alternative is to do a checkout of the top module and then tag locally but that means lots of unnecessary checkouts and releases.

Erik W. Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flt. Ops. Engineering
Delta Air Lines
Dept. 088