[cvsnt] Re: How to Commit from another account?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Aug 14 00:50:19 BST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:24:13 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze"
<siegfried at heintze.com> wrote:

>I have two accounts: Siegfried and marty. Using the Siegfried account I
>created and populated a repository and created a sandbox for myself on my
>server so I could work.
>
>Then I go over to Marty's house and I login. Cvs ls -R works. Good. I create
>a sandbox with the cvs co command. Great. I edit some files and save them. I
>then try to commit and I get a permission denied error.
>
>I guess this is not too surprising since we are using Windows accounts and
>the sandbox on Marty's machine was created with the Marty account. I tried
>logging in as Siegfried to do the commit and I received the permission
>denied error again. How do I grant marty write and delete access to the
>repository?
>   Thanks,
>           Siegfried

You did not tell us the kind of PC your CVSNT server is running on and
also not the CVSNT version number...

If you are using Win XP Home Edition then you will have serious
problems when connecting over the network since Microsoft limited this
part of XP for the Home edition. If this is the case then look for an
XP-Pro upgrade...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)