[cvsnt] Re: Taginfo call cannot handle & character in argumentlistor module name....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Aug 16 06:58:13 BST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:09:58 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>

>> So I also copied over the newly compiled sspi_protocol.dll and tried
>> again but the same result.
>> So now basically with the new cvs.exe it is no longer possible to
>> connect and authenticate using SSPI.
>> What is really going on here? Why can't I authenticate anymore?
>> Do I need to copy any other files as well from the build I did to the
>> install folder?
>>
>Just the cvs.exe and the sspi_protocol.dll should do the trick, assuming
>it compiled OK.  Does SSPI work at all on that machine? (You might need
>to run winsockspfix if not).

Well, I have the 2.0.51 release installed and it is working just fine.
Then I built the project myself and got cvs.exe version 2.0.52 (I have
updated my newly checked out sandbox to tag CVSNT_2_0_x).
After I downloaded the kerberos and openssl files and pointed the
VS2003 include and lib settings to these files I now got the build
cvsnt to execute without fatal errors anymore.

So what I did next was to rename the 2.0.51 cvs.exe and then copy in
the newly compiled cvs.exe to the CVSNT install folder.
Now when I try any operation against my test repository I get the
authentication error in my face.
Switching back to the original cvs.exe restores the normal behaviour,
but of course I cannot check my fix for the quoted module name when
calling taginfo...

So my question is really if there are any other files I need to also
copy from my build? Maybe all of them??? I tried with the
sspi_protocol.dll but it made no difference.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)