[cvsnt] Re: Question about cvs remove.

Jurko Gospodnetic mangled at to.avoid.spam
Tue Aug 17 08:46:49 BST 2004

  Hi Tony.

> All cvs commands require a repository connection (with the exception of
> version and info).

  Hmm. But how do you explain this then.

I have my main repository at home which I check out to a sandbox on my
USB memory stick which I take to work. At work I have a repository with
the same name, but completely different folder structure. Then at work I
work on that sandbox from the USB memory stick that obviously has no
connection to the correct repository.

  In that scenario I can easily do cvs remove at work and it gets committed
ok
when I get back home.

  Is there anything that could go wrong with this? I do not see a problem
with a 'disconnected remove' which gets all of its checks done at commit
time.

  Thanks,
    Jurko