[cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `convex.pl'

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 17 22:33:55 BST 2004

> Below are some more clues to my problem. My modules show up when I use
"cvs
> ls -R".
> After trying to do an Add, I see it is looking in a very strange
directory:
> /CONVEX/CONVEX/cgi-bin/cgi-bin.

Didn't we have that strange root folder duplication bug some weeks ago
already? Wasn't this supposed to be fixed by now or is that issue still
open? What versions of CVSNT are you using on the client and server?

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>echo %CVSROOT%
> :pserver:siegfried at 192.168.0.8/CONVEX
>
> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs commit  -m "Add fPAT
> fields for WebService"  case.pm
> cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `case.pm'
> cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Hmm, that usually means that there already is a newer revision in the
repository ... however, with CVS seemingly looking at the wrong/non-existing
repository folder I guess anything could happen...

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs log case.pm
> cvs server: nothing known about case.pm

What about cvs status case.pm ?

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs add case.pm
> cvs [server aborted]: Directory /CONVEX/CONVEX/cgi-bin/cgi-bin does not
> exist on the server

See above. I thought that had been fixed... are you by any chance using NT4
on either client or server? I seem to remember that this had something to do
with that...

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cd cgi-bin
> The system cannot find the path specified.

You are already in it, aren't you?

Cheers,

--
Oliver