[cvsnt] Re: Question about cvs remove.

Jurko Gospodnetic mangled at to.avoid.spam
Wed Aug 18 10:44:15 BST 2004

 Hi Tony.

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:cfsj7c$pnv$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> >   And if it does require access to the repository, then why does this
still
> > work if I trick it by using an invalid repository but with the same
name?

> It shouldn't work at all in that case.

  I tested this now and here are the results.

  The only condition that needs to be met for me to remove the file is that
a repository with the name as specified in the CVS/Root file needs to exist
and be reachable. I managed to do this on a newly created test repository
with no files or folders in it.

  So if it does not require the correct folder structure to exist (as
specified
in the CVS/Repository file) why does it require the repository to exist at
all? I have checked the logs in the repository and no changes have been
made to them.

  Thanks,
    Jurko