[cvsnt] Re: cvs server????

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Aug 18 21:01:54 BST 2004

> What is cvs server supposed to do?
> I found it on the cvsnt command manual page:
> http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/CvsCommand
> but there is no description for the command and if I issue it cvs just
> hangs.

It's the interface for the raw client/server protocol. AFAIK this command is
what gets actually sent to the server "under the hood" when you do anything
at all. I thought the docs for this used to be part of the Cederqvist...
something titled "the CVS Client/Server protocol" or something like that.
Couldn't find it at the moment... used to be bundled with WinCvs too IIRC.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
------