[cvsnt] SSPI Access denied problems

Flávio Etrusco Flavio.Etrusco at atan.com.br
Fri Aug 20 21:32:46 BST 2004

> Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>
> > Now I know the problem wasn't triggered because of my
> efforts to make
> > an UNIX-like enviroment on my Windows box - ;) - I guess it is bug,
> > isn't it? I mean, why do the CVSNT service need to parse the module
> > path folder by folder instead of directly accessing the mapped path?
>
> It doesn't (aside from finding out the correct filename,
> which doesn't
> require any extra privileges)...  however if you haven't got
> rights to
> the directories above the module there's no way of getting to
> the module
> itself.
>
> Tony

I double-checked it; a user  can "dir" a subdirectory even if he/she doen't have "List Folder" permission on the parent directory.
I guess this is affected by the "Bypass traverse cheking" security policy, but in Windows2000 its default value includes "Everyone".

I believe this is a recent issue, since the exactly same configuration was working with a previous CVSNT version (probably 2.0.50).

Cheers,
Flávio