[cvsnt] -x option with sspi

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Wed Aug 25 21:42:17 BST 2004

Mike Wake wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've upgraded from v2.0.34 on a win2k machine to v2.0.51b on a linux
> machine using winbind to enable sspi logins.
>
> Does anyone know what is required to get the -x option to work/not
> fail when using sspi?(Used by the tortoise client).

I was just about to post a message asking why -x does not work with
:sspi: against a Linux CVSNT server.

Tony, if there's a good reason for this, I'd like to change TortoiseCVS
to not use -x in this case. However, this leads to another question: How
can I determine on which platform the server runs? "cvs version"
unfortunately does not include a platform identifier.

-Torsten