[cvsnt] Re: is there an option update with not tag?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Aug 30 18:24:19 BST 2004

Elisa Cargnel wrote:
> Hello,
>  is there an option for update to exclude a tag in the update?
> something like
> - update (not)-r tagname
>
> is there something equivalent for the checkout command?
>
> I had a look in the documentation on cederqvist-1.11.10.pdf but I couldn't
> find anything.
> What I need is to exclude these files in my updates but I don't want to
> delete them.

A couple options come to mind:

1) Check out the files you want to stay at a specific level with a
specific revision.  They will be marked wiht a sticky tag and held at
that rev level until you purposfully reset it.

2) Create a branch and work on the branch.  The files you don't change
will remain the same as your teammates work against the HEAD.

Which one is best depends on why you want to exclude those files.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett