[cvsnt] Merging a repository from Branch to Trunk

Herb Croken HCroken at arrowheadgrp.com
Tue Aug 31 18:01:41 BST 2004

Hi all,
To make a short story long, for legal reasons we branched our entire
repository (a year ago, so lots of changes) and have been developing in that
branch ever since. Now we want to merge the entire branch to the trunk of a
new repository (on a new server as well), without having to resolve
conflicts, differences etc. Any hints on the best\easiest way to do this?

I realize that we will be losing all history in this process, and will be
going to v1.1 for all files. We will create a second repository on the new
server also, which will be a snapshot of the current repository (the branch)
prior to the move.

Thanks in advance,
Herb